Associate of Science, Pathway – Social Work
- Recommended courses: BIOL 1103 and BIOL 1104, with their labs
- MATH 1070 Elementary Statistics is required in Area F. Another course should be chosen for the Area D2 mathematics/technology course.
- ANTH 1102 Introduction to Anthropology (3), ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics (3), PSYC 1101 Introduction to General Psychology (3), and SOCI 1101 Introduction to Sociology (3) are required in Area F. A different course should be chosen in Area E.
Area F: Courses Appropriate to the Pathway (18 hours)Required Courses (18):
- ANTH 1102 Introduction to Anthropology (3)
- ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- MATH 1070 Elementary Statistics (3)
- PSYC 1101 Introduction to General Psychology (3)
- SOCI 1101 Introduction to Sociology (3)
- SW 2000 Introduction to Social Work (3)
- Be in good standing at Georgia State University with a minimum institutional GPA of 2.5.
- File a formal application in the school for B.S.W. status.
- Have grades of C or higher in English 1101 and 1102.
- Have successfully completed Areas A through F (except SW 2000).
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or better in the lower-division courses counted for completion of Areas A-F and a minimum grade of C or higher in SW 2000, if completed.