Associate of Science, Pathway – PhysicsAreas A-E of the Core Curriculum (42)
- Required course: MATH 1112 College Trigonometry (3) or MATH 1113 Precalculus (3) or higher level mathematics course.
- Required course: MATH 2211 Calculus of One Variable I (4) (or a higher-level mathematics course)
- Recommended courses:
Area F: Courses Appropriate to the Pathway (18 hours)
- Carry over from Areas A and/or D (1-2 hours):
- Students will carry one additional credit hour over to Area F for each four hour mathematics course taken in Area A and/or Area D.
- Required Courses (unless used to satisfy Area D requirements) (16):
- PHYS 2211 Principles of Physics I (3) and PHYS 2211L Principles of Physics I Lab (1)
- PHYS 2212 Principles of Physics II (3) and PHYS 2212L Principles of Physics II Lab (1)
- CHEM 1211 Principles of Chemistry I (3) and CHEM 1211L Principles of Chemistry I Lab (1)
- CHEM 1212 Principles of Chemistry II (3) and CHEM 1212L Principles of Chemistry II Lab (1)
- MATH 2212 Calculus of One Variable II (4)
- MATH 2215 Multivariate Calculus (4)
- Select additional elective courses to complete 18 hours in Area F:
- CSC 1301 Principles of Computer Science I (4)
- CSC 1302 Principles of Computer Science II (4)
- ASTR 1010 Astronomy of the Solar System (3) and ASTR 1010L Astronomy of the Solar System Lab (1)
- ASTR 1020 Stellar and Galactic Astronomy (3) and ASTR 1020L Stellar and Galactic Astronomy Lab (1)
- BIOL 1103 Introductory Biology I (3) and BIOL 1103L Introductory Biology I Lab (1)
- BIOL 1104 Introductory Biology II (3) and BIOL 1104L Introductory Biology II Lab (1)
- BIOL 2107 Principles of Biology I (3) and BIOL 2107L Principles of Biology I Lab (1)
- BIOL 2108 Principles of Biology II (3) and BIOL 2108L Principles of Biology II Lab (1)
- GEOL 1112 Introductory Geology I (3) and GEOL 1112L Introductory Geology I Lab (1)
- GEOL 1113 Introductory Geology II (3) and GEOL 1113L Introductory Geology II Lab (1)
- EDUC 2110 Investigating Critical and Contemporary Issues in Education (3)
- EDUC 2120 Exploring Socio-Cultural Perspectives on Diversity in Educ. Contexts (3)
- EDUC 2130 Exploring Learning and Teaching (3)
- RSCH 1203 Research Strategies and Technology (1)
- Students should choose courses appropriate to their intended pathway. Please consult with your academic advisor for additional guidance.
- All separate lecture and lab course combinations (e.g., BIOL 2107 and BIOL 2107L; CHEM 1211 and CHEM 1211K) are commonly offered as a combined course at Georgia State University-Atlanta (e.g., BIOL 2107K; CHEM 1211K. The combined (K) courses and separate lecture and lab (L) courses cover the same subject matter and are considered equivalent courses.