Associate of Arts, Pathway – JournalismAreas A-E of the Core Curriculum (42)
Area F: Courses Appropriate to the Pathway (18 hours)
- World Language at the 1002 level or higher (3)
- Required Courses (minimum grade of “C” required) (12):
- Select additional elective courses to complete 18 hours in Area F:
- See “World Language Requirement for B.A. and B.I.S. degrees” in section 3030 of the Georgia State University bachelor’s catalog.
- Students must have a 2.5 grade-point average in the Area F JOUR courses indicated (*) to be eligible for the B.A. in Journalism at Georgia State University-Atlanta and to take 3000- and 4000-level JOUR courses. (See Major Eligibility Requirements in section 3380 of the bachelor’s catalog.)
- Students interested in pursuing the B.A. in Journalism must take SCOM 2300 or World Language at the 2001 or 2002 level.