Associate of Science, Pathway – GeologyAreas A-E of the Core Curriculum (42)
- Required course: MATH 1112 College Trigonometry (3) or MATH 1113 Precalculus (3) or higher level MATH course.
- Required course: MATH 2201 Calculus for Life Sciences I (4) or MATH 2211 Calculus of One Variable I (4) or a higher-level mathematics course.
- Recommended courses:
Area F: Courses Appropriate to the Pathway (18 hours)
- Carry over from Areas A and/or D (1-2):
- Students will carry one additional credit hour over to Area F for each 4-credit-hour mathematics course taken in Area A and/or Area D.
- Required Courses (if not taken in Area D) (11):
- GEOL 1121 Introductory Geology I (3) and GEOL 1121L Introductory Geology I Lab (1)
- GEOL 1122 Introductory Geology II (3) and GEOL 1122L Introductory Geology II Lab (1)
- CHEM 1211 Principles of Chemistry I (3) and CHEM 1211L Principles of Chemistry I Lab (1)
- CHEM 1212 Principles of Chemistry II (3) and CHEM 1212L Principles of Chemistry II Lab (1)
- MATH 1070 Elementary Statistics (3)
- Select additional elective courses to complete 18 hours in Area F:
- GEOG 1112K Introduction to Weather and Climate (4)
- GEOG 1113K Introduction to Landforms (4)
- GEOG 1112 and GEOG 1112L Introduction to Weather and Climate (3) and Lab (1))
- GEOG 1113 and GEOG 1113L Introduction to Weather and Climate (3) and Lab (1)
- CHEM 2400 Organic Chemistry I (3) and CHEM 2400L Organic Chemistry I Lab (1)
- CHEM 2410 Organic Chemistry II (3) and CHEM 2410L Organic Chemistry II Lab (1)
- MATH 2202 Calculus for the Life Sciences II (4) or MATH 2212 Calculus of One Variable II (4)
- MATH 2215 Multivariate Calculus (4)
- PHYS 1111Introductory Physics I (3) and PHYS 1111L Introductory Physics I Lab (1)
- PHYS 1112 Introductory Physics II (3) and PHYS 1112L Introductory Physics II Lab (1)
- PHYS 2211 Principles of Physics I (3) and PHYS 2211L Principles of Physics I Lab (1)
- PHYS 2212 Principles of Physics II (3) and PHYS 2212L Principles of Physics II Lab (1)
- RSCH 1203 Research Strategies and Technology (1)
- Students intending to pursue the B.S. in Geosciences at Georgia State University-Atlanta should choose courses appropriate to their intended concentration. Please consult with your academic advisor for additional guidance.
- All separate lecture and lab course combinations (e.g., BIOL 2107 and BIOL 2107L; CHEM 1211 and CHEM 1211K) are commonly offered as a combined course at Georgia State University-Atlanta (e.g., BIOL 2107K; CHEM 1211K. The combined (K) courses and separate lecture and lab (L) courses cover the same subject matter and are considered equivalent courses.