Associate of Science, Pathway – EngineeringAreas A-E of the Core Curriculum (42)
- Required course: MATH 2211 Calculus of One Variable I (4) (an extra hour carries over to Area F)
- Required courses: MATH 2212 Calculus of One Variable II (4) (an extra hour carries over to Area F)
- Recommended courses:
Area F: Courses Appropriate to the Pathway (18 hours)
- Carry over from Areas A and D (2):
- Students who take four-hour mathematics courses in both Areas A and D carry two hours over to Area F.
- Required Courses (12)
- Select additional elective courses to complete 18 hours in Area F:
- CHEM 1211 Principles of Chemistry I (3) and CHEM 1211 Principles of Chemistry I Lab (1)
- CSC 1301 Principles of Computer Science I (4)
- ENGR 1671 Computing Fundamentals for Engineers (3)
- ENGR 2040 Electric Circuit Analysis (3)
- ENGR 2606 Dynamics (3)
- MATH 2215 Multivariate Calculus (4)
- MATH 2641 Linear Algebra (3)
- MATH 2652 Ordinary Differential Equations (4)
- PHYS 2211 Principles of Physics I (3) and PHYS 2211L Principles of Physics I Lab (1)
- PHYS 2212 Principles of Physics II (3) and PHYS 2212L Principles of Physics II Lab (1)
- Principles of Physics I and II and Principles of Chemistry I are strongly recommended in Area D or Area F. PHYS 2211/PHYS 2211L is a prerequisite for ENGR 2605.
- All separate lecture and lab course combinations (e.g., BIOL 2107 and BIOL 2107L; CHEM 1211 and CHEM 1211K) are commonly offered as a combined course at the Georgia State University Atlanta campus (e.g., BIOL 2107K; CHEM 1211K. The combined (K) courses and separate lecture and lab (L) courses cover the same subject matter and are considered equivalent courses.