New students are accepted into the Nursing Program through a special admissions procedure, which goes beyond admission into Georgia State University Perimeter College.
To be considered for acceptance in the Nursing Program, students must do the following:
- Apply for admission to Georgia State University Perimeter College. (If you are a Georgia State Perimeter College student, you need not re-apply.) Students with college degrees or college credits must apply as a Transfer Student. If you have applied as another status you must change your status at the College Admissions Office. Students should indicate on the college application form that their major is Health Sciences Profession.
- Be accepted by Georgia State University Perimeter College. Courses from other institutions must be evaluate for transfer and posted.
- Complete at least one Biology course and lab listed under Nursing General Education. All Biology courses, listed under Nursing General Education, must be less than six years old at the time of enrollment in NURS 1921.
- Complete the TEAS exam. Contact ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute) to schedule the exam and purchase a study guide. Study guides are also available at the Georgia State University Perimeter College Clarkston Campus Bookstore. After completing the TEAS exam, contact ATI to have the scores sent to Georgia State University Perimeter College TEAS.
- Apply for admission to the Nursing Program here. Students must apply and be accepted by Georgia State University Perimeter College. Students must finish at least one Biology course and lab listed under the Nursing General Education prior to applying to the Nursing Program. Students are encouraged to complete all general education courses prior to enrolling in the Nursing Program.
Admission to the Nursing Program is selective and competitive.
The following are the requirements to be considered for admission.
- Eligibility for college-level English and math.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 in courses listed under Nursing General Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for required biology courses listed under Nursing General Education.
- Georgia State University Perimeter College minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and good standing with the college.
- Passing score of 63 in the Adjusted Individual Total Score, the Reading, and Mathematics portions of the TEAS exam.
- Academic and institutional history. (This requirement includes the following; repeated courses, number of attempts at the TEAS, number of withdrawals, number of “D” and “F” grades in other non-related courses; and violations of the Georgia State University Perimeter College Code of Conduct.)
Students who have failed or received a “D” in nursing courses within the last five years will not be considered for admission to the Georgia State University School of Nursing, Perimeter College Associate Degree Program.