Before submitting an application to the Georgia State/Perimeter College Dental Hygiene Program, applicants must be current students at Georgia State University Perimeter College.
To apply: Transfer students FIRST must complete steps 1,2,3,4 by the announced deadline. Current students at Georgia State must complete steps 2,3,4 by the announced deadline.
The ATI TEAS exam is no longer a requirement to submit an application to the Georgia State University Perimeter College Dental Hygiene Program. In addition, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, no shadowing hours will be required to submit an application to the Dental Hygiene program.
STEP 1. Complete the Perimeter College Admission Process by the Announced Deadline:
- Apply for admission to Georgia State Perimeter College.
- Students must apply to, be accepted and receive an acceptance letter from Georgia State University/Perimeter College prior to applying to the Dental Hygiene Program. Students who miss the application deadline CANNOT be considered for admission into the Dental Hygiene Program. Students should indicate on the college application form that their major is “Health Science.”
STEP 2. Complete Prerequisites Prior to Application to the Dental Hygiene Program.
Three science prerequisites must be completed and transcripts transferred prior to applying to the program.
- College Chemistry 1151 Prerequisite completion of CHEM 1151 And CHEM 1151L within the last seven years with a grade of “C” or better.
- College Biology 2110 Prerequisite completion of BIOL 2110(Human Anatomy and Physiology, Part 1) and BIOL 2110L (Lab) within the last seven years with a grade of “C” or better.
- College Biology 2120 Prerequisite completion of BIOL2120 (Human Anatomy and Physiology, Part 2) and BIOL 2120L (Lab) within the last seven years with a grade of “C” or better.
STEP 3. Additional requirements.
- General Education Courses, College Science, Chemistry and Biology GPA
To be competitive for consideration into the Dental Hygiene Program it is strongly encouraged that applicants have a GPA of 2.50 or higher for courses required in the Dental Hygiene Program of Study. Applicants who earn a grade lower than a “C” in English 1101 or in any of the required science courses in the Dental Hygiene Program of Study are not eligible for admission to the program (The course must be retaken with a grade of C or better earned). Science courses and English 1101 taken after admissions to the Dental Hygiene Program must be completed with a grade of “C” or better to meet graduation requirements. See the Perimeter College course catalog for “Graduation Requirements.”
- Exit from all learning support courses or requirements.
Students in ESL and/or Learning Support (Developmental Studies) must complete the required classes for these areas prior to application.
- Admission points are accumulated based upon General Education CORE, College Science, College Chemistry and College Biology Grade Point Averages (GPA). Therefore, some general education courses must be completed prior to application to accumulate a general education GPA.
Submit an application during open period (October 2020- January 11, 2021).
STEP 3. Submit an application.
Submit the Dental Hygiene application directly to the Dental Hygiene department during the open enrollment period (October 26, 2020, to January 11, 2021). The Application is only available during the open enrollment period on the Dental Hygiene website http://perimeter.gsu.edu/dh/ and it is located under the FORMS heading.