How do I list an event on the college calendar?
You can list an event on the University Calendar by visiting calendar.gsu.edu and following these four steps:
- Click on the red bar marked “Submit an Event”.
- When prompted, login with your Georgia State ID and password.
- Fill in the information requested in the template about your event as completely as possible.
- Click on the blue “Add Event” bar at the end. You’re done!
NOTE: Your information will be routed to someone who will authorize your announcement for publication on the Georgia State University calendar for internal and external awareness.
Information listed for me in the Faculty/Staff Directory is inaccurate. How do I update or make changes to this information?
All employees (full- and part-time) should submit information to be included in the college’s Faculty-Staff Directory. Staff listings for departmental and office web pages are connected to this directory. Go to: https://perimeter.gsu.edu/faculty-form/ to upload your information. In addition, you may schedule an appointment for a free portrait to be used in the directory at http://commkit.gsu.edu/9971-2/ . Changes to information in the faculty-staff directory should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our department needs help planning a special event. Where do I start?
Start with a specific plan. To help you formulate ideas, contact Perimeter College’s event coordinator via email . If your answers to key questions indicate further discussion is necessary, you will be encouraged to complete the Special Event Request form and return it to Marketing and Communications. Based on the results of your information review, next step(s) will be recommended.
Email (Campus Distribution)
EMAIL (Campus Distribution)
Listservs are available for Perimeter College campus communications. Click here for Guidelines for Using Campus Listservs. To join or opt out visit, listserv.gsu.edu
General College Information
Tell me more about Perimeter’s Office of Public Relations and Marketing Communications.
The Office of Public Relations and Marketing Communications for Perimeter College at Georgia State University is committed to communicating key messages about the college and its brand, in coordination with Georgia State University communications strategies and the priorities of Perimeter College’s dean and vice provost.
Reflective of the ways in which individuals access information, our communications is a blend of integrative technologies such as the web and social media. Often, when trying to determine the effectiveness of communications, we assess how it affects or benefits the end user, which typically is an existing or prospective student.
What core messages are used to communicate the mission of Perimeter College?
Below are the core messages we seek to impart in communications about the college:
As part of Georgia State University, Perimeter College remains metro Atlanta’s gateway to higher education. We’ve pioneered respected, convenient and affordable degree programs for decades, helping students from every background transform their lives. This is who we are and what we do.
- Faculty who focus on engaging students in small class settings, helping them to succeed academically.
- A clear path to an associate degree and/or the core classes required to transfer into a four-year degree program.
- One of the most affordable college educations in Georgia, with low tuition, assistance with financial aid and a large selection of scholarships.
- Georgia State’s nationally proven advising and financial programs to keep students on track to graduate on time and minimize costs.
- Support such as ESL classes, disability services, military outreach and academic tutoring.
- Course schedules that meet student needs on five convenient campuses throughout metro Atlanta and online.
Is there an online resource available that has general information about the college, policies and procedures? Is there a place online to submit general questions?
ASK Perimeter can help you navigate the post-consolidated world.
Perimeter College has a long-standing practice and culture of sharing information and promoting continuous improvement. We hope the resource ASK Perimeter will provide a platform for the sharing of information, the asking of questions and the submission of ideas for improvement.
ASK Perimeter provides two-way communication that we hope will serve as a go-to resource.
You may access ASK Perimeter on the Perimeter College website under Resources in the drop-down menu for Faculty/Staff. Once there, click on the Question Mark (?) in the bottom right corner of any Perimeter College web page or go to https://perimetercollege.uservoice.com. You may want to Bookmark the page for quick access in the future.
If you can’t find the answer in the ASK Perimeter knowledgebase, submit your question. Questions and suggestions will be acknowledged, and answers that need to be shared with the college community will be added to the knowledgebase of information. Your input and feedback can increase the value of this resource. Providing excellent service is everyone’s responsibility.
Thanks in advance for helping us to help you. If you have any questions, please contact: Fran Mohr: email@example.com or 678-891-3429.
What should I do if I need a flier, poster or brochure created to promote a program or event?
Requests for the design team’s assistance in projects should be submitted at least six weeks prior to the date the items are needed. Production times vary depending on the size and scope of a project. To request design team assistance, please fill out and submit the Project Request form.
Who do I contact about graphics design needs?
Do I need special permission to use the Georgia State University Perimeter College logo?
For information regarding the lock-up logo, please refer to the logo guidelines and contact:
I am a member of the media in need of information or comments for a story? Who do I contact?
I’ve been contacted by the media with a question about Perimeter College. Who on the Public Relations and Marketing Communications team should know about this?
Who should I contact regarding placing advertising about the College?
Who handles marketing/advertising for the college?
Who is responsible for admissions communications?
Parks Westbrook is content strategist for admissions web pages.
I’d like to file an Open Records Request for college information. Who handles such requests?
All Open Records Requests are handled through the Office of Legal Affairs. Consult the following: http://universityattorney.gsu.edu/legal-services/subpoenas-and-records-requests/
Perimeter Post/Post Alert
I’d like to begin receiving the Perimeter Post and/or the Post Alert. What should I do?
Subscribe to the faculty-staff newsletter, The Perimeter Post, or sign up for news alerts via The Post Alert: http://perimeter.gsu.edu/the-perimeter-post . There, you can read the latest faculty-staff news and submit items for Post Alerts. At the bottom of the page, you may subscribe to The Perimeter Post newsletter. To sign up to receive Post Alert (news alerts), click on the bell icon on the left side of the page.
What should I do if I need to schedule a photographer for an event?
Photography requests for general Perimeter College events are considered on a case-by-case basis. Request a photographer for your event: http://commkit.gsu.edu/tools/photography-video/
Speaking/Expert Presenter Request
I have been asked to speak to an outside group about the college: do I need to make anyone aware of this and do I need to get approval? Are there established message points available to use in any such talk?
Contact John Millsaps (phone: 678-891-2544). There is a standard slide show and messaging points available, depending upon the nature of the talk and audience.
I would like to submit a request for the Perimeter College dean/vice provost to speak at my engagement, what should I do?
Fill out the vice provost request form, and someone will respond to your request.
How can I get college news published?
Submit your items for consideration to Rebecca Rakoczy at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Kysa Daniels at email@example.com .
I’d like to recommend a student, faculty or staff member for a feature story. Who should I contact?
I have just been recognized for an achievement I think might be of public interest. To whom should I send my information?
Send your info to Rebecca Rakoczy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who would I contact about getting something published in the Perimeter Post?
Contact Rebecca Rakoczy, editor, at email@example.com.
Where can I submit information for the Perimeter Post Alert?
Go to perimeter.gsu.edu/the-perimeter-post/ and look for the Post Alert submission area on the right side of the page where you can submit an alert. Also, check out the university event page to submit calendar events – calendar.gsu.edu. See complete details on how to submit a calendar item in the Calendar FAQ above.
How can I get a TV slide created for display on campus TVs?
The internal TV system, which is now part of Georgia State University’s VISIX TV system, displays slides about upcoming events, opportunities and reminders that are of interest to students.
Here’s how to request a slide:
- If you work for a centralized Georgia State department, such as Student Affairs, Enrollment Services or Athletics, your department has a communications support team to guide you, and you should work through those contacts.
- If you work for a Perimeter College department that ultimately reports to Vice Provost and Dean Peter Lyons, the production and management of the TV slides falls under Perimeter’s Office of Public Relations and Marketing Communications (PR-MarCom), managed by Fran Mohr and Kathy Jordan.
There are two options for Perimeter College slides:
- If your project is a major Perimeter College event, and you are working with Kathy Jordan and the Graphic Design office on other items associated with the event, please ask Kathy about developing a slide at the same time.
- If the event is not a major college event, but instead a club meeting or department event, you can create a PowerPoint slide using templates the college provides or create your own design. Use the following steps:
- Plan ahead so you can send your slide for review at least two weeks before the date of the event.**
- Develop your content and TV slide, preferably with artwork or photographs:
Layout: Select a TV slide template from the options provided by PR- MarCom or create your own PowerPoint slide.
Text: If using MarCom-provided templates, avoid making text smaller on the template. (Text should be a minimum of 35-60-point font size.) If your message doesn’t fit the template, use fewer words or select the most important points. Make sure your text includes the date and time of the event, the location and contact information.
Orientation: Use landscape orientation (horizontal)
Size and format: The size should be 1920 x 1080 pixels at 72 dpi. When your slide is ready, save it as a jpeg at this size.
3. Email the slide as an attachment to Fran Mohr (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Kathy Jordan (email@example.com), including the following information in the body of the email:
- Event titleDate of eventPreferred dates to start and stop running the slide.
- On which campus(es) the TV slide should display (e.g. Newton only or all Perimeter campuses
- A contact name, number and email for the event and in case of questions about the TV slide.
4. Receipt of request: Fran (or Kathy) will acknowledge receiving your request and follow up with any necessary edits or questions.
5. Approval and uploading: Once the slide has final approval from PR-MarCom and you, it will be uploaded to the Perimeter College Visix TV system. Slides will be run for a maximum of 30 days. If longer is desired, we suggest a slide redesign to keep your message fresh and increase the effectiveness of the slide.
** Slide artwork files submitted less than two (2) weeks prior to the event MAY NOT be uploaded to the Perimeter College Visix TV system. **
I need help building a website, what should I do?
College-wide, academic and administrative department websites are developed by the Public Relations and Marketing Communications staff. Contact Susan Gast for further instruction: firstname.lastname@example.org. For faculty or staff who want to build more specific or narrowly defined web pages, Georgia State University provides http://sites.gsu.edu/ , which uses WordPress. Instructions are available to guide you through the process. iCollege’s Desire2Learn (D2L) is another option.