Vacation: Use it or lose it.
Remember, full-time benefits-eligible staff and faculty only may carry over 360 hours of vacation leave into a new calendar year. Avoid losing any vacation hours in excess of 360 and make plans for using them before December 31. Remember, 16 hours will be needed and used in 2019 for Winter Break (See below).
Important Payroll Information for Winter Break (December 21, 2019 – January 5, 2020)
HOLIDAY hours will be populated for each benefits-eligible employee on the dates of December 23-27, 2019, and January 1, 2020.
VACATION hours will be populated for benefit-eligible employees on December 30-31, 2019, and January 2-3, 2020. (Please do not manually enter vacation hours.)
This does NOT APPLY to 10-month faculty or staff that are in positions that don’t accrue vacation (temporary and student employees).
- If you would prefer NOT to be compensated using vacation hours for the days in December and/or January when the University is closed, please indicate the days on the Winter Break 2019 Form. Your pay will be reduced by the number of hours that you request. Perimeter College Employees: Please submit the Winter Break 2019 Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 25.
- If you will be on FMLA during the Winter Break, complete the Winter Break 2019 Form indicating which date(s) and the number of hours that should be compensated as Sick Leave. You must submit the form and supporting documentation from the doctor directly to central HR; the 3rd Floor of 1 Park Place on the Atlanta campus before the Close of Business December 6, 2019. Please send it to the attention of Quinyata Cameron, Assistant Director of Benefits.
Missed training? Need a Refresher? Watch the training videos you need on the Georgia State OneUSG website.
The following videos are recommended:
For All Employees hr.gsu.edu/oneusg/employee-self-service
- Complete all modules in the Employee Self-Service section
For Managers hr.gsu.edu/oneusg/manager-self-service
- Complete the Employee Self-Service modules + all modules in the Manager Self-Service section
Additional Sections for Faculty hr.gsu.edu/oneusg/faculty-data-self-service
- Faculty Data Self-Service – Overview