Benefits Open Enrollment Period: October 28 – November 8
Overview of 2020 Benefits Sessions
- October 8: 3-4:30 p.m., Atlanta, 25 Park Place – Room 830
- October 14: 10-11:30 a.m., Atlanta, 25 Park Place – Room 830
- October 18: 1-2:30 p.m. Clarkston, CN 2220
- October 23: 11 a.m. –12:30 p.m., Atlanta, 25 Park Place – Room 830
- October 25: 1-2:30 p.m., Clarkston, CA 1400
GSU/Perimeter College Retiree Open Enrollment Meeting
- October 10: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Clarkston – JLRC 1100 (library auditorium)
- October 28–10 a.m.-2 p.m., Atlanta – Student Center Ballroom
- November 1–10 a.m.-2 p.m., Clarkston – Building CG – Gymnasium
Walk-in Benefits Enrollment Assistance
- November 1–9:30 am -4:00 pm Clarkston, CC 1140
- November 7–9:30 am –4:00 pm Atlanta, 25 Park Place –Subbasement Conference Room
- November 8–9:30 am –4:00 pm Atlanta, 25 Park Place –Subbasement Conference Room
Visit www.usg.edu/hr/benefits for updates and information about the 2020 Healthcare Plans.
Please note plan changes, including prescription drug premiums, a spousal coverage surcharge and tobacco surcharge increase.
Vacation: Use it or lose it.
Remember, full-time benefits-eligible staff and faculty only may carry over 360 hours of vacation leave into a new calendar year. Avoid losing any vacation hours in excess of 360 and make plans for using them before December 31. Remember, 16 hours will be needed and used in 2019 for Winter Break (See below).
Ready for Winter Break?
It’s not time to pack your bag, but it is time to plan ahead and reserve enough vacation hours to cover the Winter Break requirement for full-time benefits-eligible staff and faculty. Winter Break 2019 is December 21 – January 5 which includes 2 days (16 hours) of vacation leave in December 2019 and 2 days (16 hours) in January 2020. Click HERE for full 2019/2020 holiday schedule.
Please note: Required January Winter Break vacation hours are subtracted from the vacation balance you have as of January 1, 2020.
Missed training? Need a Refresher? Watch the training videos you need on the Georgia State OneUSG website.
The following videos are recommended:
For All Employees hr.gsu.edu/oneusg/employee-self-service
- Complete all modules in the Employee Self-Service section
For Managers hr.gsu.edu/oneusg/manager-self-service
- Complete the Employee Self-Service modules + all modules in the Manager Self-Service section
Additional Sections for Faculty hr.gsu.edu/oneusg/faculty-data-self-service
- Faculty Data Self-Service – Overview