- An applicant born and educated in the United States.
- An applicant who has graduated from an accredited high school, enrolled previously in an accredited college or university and earned 30 or more semester hours of transferable college credit.
- An applicant with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable credit who meets freshman requirements.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
Admissions Process and Requirements
- Perimeter College Application for Admission, accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended. Schools may send them to us electronically through an approved transcript company at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to us here:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Georgia State’s approved transcript companies are Parchment, Escrip-safe, National Student Clearinghouse, Credential Solutions or Joint Services Transcript.
- If you’re still enrolled in classes when you submit your application, you will also need to send us your final transcripts upon completion of your coursework.
- We do not accept student copies of transcripts, official transcripts that have already been opened or scanned, faxed or emailed copies of transcripts.
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
- Applicants with fewer than 30 hours of transferable college credit must meet freshman requirements.
- Official transcripts from each college, university or technical school attended must be submitted.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
- Official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation and diploma type listed
- An official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript is required for transfer applicants who have fewer than 30 hours of transferable credit. Perimeter College can accept credit from SACS or regionally accredited institution(s).
- High school transcripts will be evaluated for Required High School Curriculum completions regardless of the type of diploma received (for students age 23 or less).
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- Applicants who have not completed high school are required to submit official GED, HiSet or TASC passing scores and high school transcript.
- Placement Testing Requirement
- Applies to transfer applicants who do not have transferable English composition and/or college algebra credit Perimeter College can accept.
- Minimum ACCUPLACER placement test scores and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), SAT or ACT test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. Perimeter College requires 5 – 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
- The ACCUPLACER test requires a $20 fee. Perimeter College has a testing center at each campus.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP and IB websites.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must complete a reactivation application and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by December 11
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by May 1
Deadlines are subject to change. We cannot guarantee a decision for applications and documents received past the listed deadlines.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Admissions office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
Both academic and disciplinary standing are factors taken into consideration for applicants being reviewed for admission. For the purposes of admission, good disciplinary and academic standing means that the applicant has no pending disciplinary charges, outstanding disciplinary sanctions or disciplinary or academic issues that would prevent the applicant from re-enrolling at a previously attended high school, college or university. For additional information, please see the General Admission Policy in the Georgia State Undergraduate Catalog.
For admission into Perimeter College’s nursing or dental hygiene programs, you must first be accepted to Perimeter College and be enrolled in classes. Meet with your advisor to express your interest in the program and to be sure you register for the correct prerequisites in your first semester.