- A postbaccalaureate applicant already holds a baccalaureate or higher degree and does not wish to complete requirements for a certificate or associate degree from Perimeter College.
- Postbaccalaureate applicants may take any course offered at the college, once prerequisites have been satisfied.
- Postbaccalaureate applicants are not eligible for federal or state financial aid, including student loans.
- Postbaccalaureate applicants wishing to change status and become a degree-seeking transfer student at Perimeter College must apply for a change of status and meet Perimeter College transfer student admission requirements. In a VERY limited number of cases, a student also may need to provide a high school transcript showing graduation.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information
Admissions Process and Requirements
- Perimeter College Application for Admission, accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee.
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Official college transcript showing that a bachelor’s degree or higher graduate degree has been awarded
- Transcript must be in English, and must indicate graduation date and degree awarded from the accredited college or university attended.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must complete a reactivation application and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by December 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by May 1
Deadlines are subject to change.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Admissions office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
Both academic and disciplinary standing are factors taken into consideration for applicants being reviewed for admission. For the purposes of admission, good disciplinary and academic standing means that the applicant has no pending disciplinary charges, outstanding disciplinary sanctions or disciplinary or academic issues that would prevent the applicant from re-enrolling at a previously attended high school, college or university. For additional information, please see the General Admission Policy in the Georgia State Undergraduate Catalog.
For admission into Perimeter College’s nursing or dental hygiene programs, you must first be accepted to Perimeter College and be enrolled in classes. Meet with your advisor to express your interest in the program and to be sure you register for the correct prerequisites in your first semester.