Next Steps for Accepted Students
Note: It will take 24 hours from the time of acceptance before you can access student systems to complete these next steps.
- Get Your Perimeter College Student ID and Username. Your student ID will be your primary identification as a Georgia State Panther. Make sure you activate it as soon as possible by visiting mystatus.gpc.edu.
- Set Up Your Password and Campus Email. Create a password that will link to all of your most important student information. Go to getmylogin.gpc.edu to begin. Then, log in to your campus email. Check this account frequently. It’s where you’ll get your most important information about registration and enrollment.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Don’t waste any time filling out the FAFSA. Use the school code 001574 when you submit your information. The sooner you fill this out, the sooner your financial aid package can be determined and distributed.
- Complete Online Orientation. Visit orientation.gpc.edu to get started on your online orientation. Learn important information about your next steps as a Georgia State University Perimeter College campus student. Students taking only online courses as well as all other new students including online, transfer, transient and former students are required to complete the online New Student Orientation module.
- Verify Lawful Presence. You must provide verification of lawful presence in the United States to receive in-state tuition.
- Submit Immunizations. Go to depts.gpc.edu/immunizations to learn how to submit your immunization records to our Student Health Center. Avoid registration delays by submitting your records as soon as possible. Immunization documents may be faxed to 678-891-3036.
- Get Familiar with Panther Access to Web Services (PAWS). PAWS is the Georgia State student information portal that houses everything you need as an admitted student. Here you can see your class schedule, register for classes, view your student account balance and more. Log in to your PAWS account and get familiar with everything it has to offer.
- Submit Your Intent to Enroll. This form informs Admissions of your decision to attend Perimeter College for a specified term and helps us prepare for your upcoming registration and enrollment.
- Review Your Financial Aid Package. Review your financial aid package in PAWS under the Financial Aid tab. Accept and deny aid as needed. Check remaining balance due and pay your bill by the deadline.
- Attend On-Campus Orientation. Learn more about your new campus by attending orientation in person. Here, you can take a tour and talk with Perimeter College faculty and staff about your upcoming semester. Transient, postbaccalaureate, MOWR and transfer students with more than 30 hours do not have to attend on-campus orientation.