Next Steps for Accepted Students
Note: It will take 48-72 hours from the time of acceptance before you can access student systems to complete these next steps. This is the full list of next steps for admitted freshmen. If you are not a freshman, all of these steps may not apply to your student type.
- Find and Activate Your CampusID. Your campusID will be your primary identification as a Georgia State Panther. First look up your campusID and then make sure you activate it as soon as possible by visiting campusid.gsu.edu. The campusID is different from your nine-digit Panther number.
- Set Up Your Panthermail. Your student email account will be used for all official communications with the university. Check this account frequently.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Don’t waste any time filling out the FAFSA. Use the school code 001574 when you submit your information. The sooner you fill this out, the sooner your financial aid package can be determined and distributed.
- Verify Lawful Presence. You must provide verification of lawful presence in the United States to receive in-state tuition.
- Submit Immunizations. Go to health.gsu.edu/perimeter-campuses/immunizations/ to learn how to submit your immunization records to our Student Health Center. Avoid registration delays by submitting your records as soon as possible.
- Submit Final Transcripts. Show all credits and the date of your high school graduation. Submit an official college transcript if you are a transfer student or a freshman who attended another university or college through a dual enrollment program.
Mail to:The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get Familiar with Panther Access to Web Services (PAWS). PAWS is the Georgia State student information portal that houses everything you need as an admitted student. Here you can see your class schedule, register for classes, view your student account balance and more. Log in to your PAWS account and get familiar with everything it has to offer.
- Submit Your Intent to Enroll. This form informs Admissions of your decision to attend Perimeter College for a specified term and helps us prepare for your upcoming registration and enrollment.
- Review Your Financial Aid Package. Review your financial aid package in PAWS under the Financial Aid tab. Accept and deny aid as needed. Check remaining balance due and pay your bill by the deadline.
- Attend Orientation. Learn more about your new campus by attending orientation. Freshmen will attend an on-campus orientation. Here, you can take a tour and talk with Perimeter College faculty and staff about your upcoming semester. Transient, postbaccalaureate, dual enrollment and transfer students are required to take an online orientation instead of attending on-campus orientation.