Applicants to Georgia State University are classified as international applicants if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Students who are currently living outside the U.S. and who will require an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
- Students who have been educated outside of the U.S.
- Students who are currently in the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa (B-1, H-1, J-1, etc.)
- Students who are in the process of applying for Permanent Residency status, but have not yet received the Permanent Residency card.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
Admissions Process and Requirements
For admission to a degree pathway at Perimeter College, the following items are required:
- Perimeter College Application for Admission, accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Please do not submit your only original copy – bring it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will make a copy from the original.
- Students overseas should send an original transcript directly from their high school, if possible, or a copy that is certified by their high school, the local Education USA advising center, or a credential evaluation service.
- Applicants who have not completed high school are required to submit official GED, HiSet or TASC passing scores and high school transcript.
- Official transcript evaluation (if appropriate). Georgia State University requires that all international academic documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, leaving examination results, etc.) be formally evaluated by either the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or an independent evaluation service.
- Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended (if appropriate)
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
- Applicants with fewer than 30 hours of transferable college credit must meet freshman requirements.
- Official transcripts from each college, university or technical school attended must be submitted.
- Minimum test scores on one of the following tests:
- Official SAT or ACT test scores
- ACCUPLACER test(s), offered at the testing center on each Perimeter College campus. The ACCUPLACER test requires a $20 fee.
- Official Advanced Placement (AP), or International Baccalaureate (IB), or College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- Visit College Testing Services for the testing requirements for admissions.
- In addition to meeting all other applicable requirements for admission, non-native speakers of English must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency. This may be demonstrated by any of the following methods:
- Graduation from a U.S. high school
- Completion of an approved University System of Georgia (USG) campus-based ESL program of study
- Proof of degree completion inside or outside the U.S. where English is the official language of academic instruction
- Proof of completion of the equivalent of English 1101 and/or 1102 with a grade of C or better, at an accredited U.S. institution
- Minimum scores on one of the following approved English proficiency tests:
Test Minimum Score* TOEFL (Paper) – Test of English as a Foreign Language 500 TOEFL (Internet) – Test of English as a Foreign Language 61 IELTS – International English Language Testing System 5.5 PTE – Pearson Test of English Academic 53 SAT Critical Reading Score 380 ACT English Score 15 EIKEN Pre-1 MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) 77 Cambridge English Scale Score 169 (CPE=180) Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE & “O” Level “English” exams “D” or better UK GCSE “English” exam “C” or better UK GCE A-Level “English” exam “C” or better EdExcel International A-Levels and EGCSE English exams “D” or better
*Low English proficiency scores may require additional testing into possible Learning Support or ESL courses at Perimeter College.
Non-native English speaking students who do not yet have the required level of English proficiency for admission are encouraged to seek the following support:
- Intensive English Program (IEP) at Georgia State University – full-time English for academic purposes program, offered at Georgia State’s downtown campus
- ESL (English as a Second Language) College Admission Preparation Courses – series of courses offered each month by Georgia State’s Perimeter College ESL program
- Accuplacer Preparation – links from Georgia State’s Counseling & Testing Center to various websites that may help students studying for all areas of the Accuplacer exam
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
- Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification or out-of-state tuition waivers.
- Students on any type of visa will be asked by International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) to upload immigration information into iStart for this purpose AFTER admission and prior to enrollment.
- Check Your Admission Status! Check your admissions status in our online system anytime. Using your Panther ID number, you can track your progress and ensure you meet deadlines.
Contact International Admissions
Office of Admissions
555 N. Indian Creek Dr.
Clarkston, GA 30021
Office of Admissions
2101 Womack Rd.
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Phone: 404.413.2500 (press ‘3’ for Perimeter College admissions)
Email: [email protected]