Non-traditional freshmen are defined as individuals who meet all of the following criteria:
- Have been out of high school at least five years and whose high school class graduated at least five years ago;
- Hold a high school diploma from an accredited or approved high school or have a state-issued high school equivalency certificate or diploma earned through the successful completion of a high school equivalency test approved by the Board of Regents; and,
- Have not attended college.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
Admissions Process and Requirements
- Perimeter College Application for Admission, accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Official regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation
- Official Transcript with date of graduation from a regionally accredited high school.
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- Applicants who have not completed high school are required to submit official GED, HiSet or TASC passing scores and high school transcript.
- Minimum test scores on the ACCUPLACER test(s) and/or SAT or ACT test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores.
- The ACCUPLACER test requires a $20 fee. Perimeter College has a testing center at each campus.
- Visit College Testing Services for the testing requirements for admissions.
- SAT and ACT scores submitted must be official scores.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT and ACT websites.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification. Georgia State University admits all academically qualified undergraduate students, regardless of immigration status.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload most documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores or birth certificates.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must complete a reactivation application and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- - Dual Enrollment — Due by July 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by December 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by May 1
Deadlines are subject to change. We cannot guarantee a decision for applications and documents received past the listed deadlines.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Admissions office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
Both academic and disciplinary standing are factors taken into consideration for applicants being reviewed for admission. For the purposes of admission, good disciplinary and academic standing means that the applicant has no pending disciplinary charges, outstanding disciplinary sanctions or disciplinary or academic issues that would prevent the applicant from re-enrolling at a previously attended high school, college or university. For additional information, please see the General Admission Policy in the Georgia State Undergraduate Catalog.
For admission into Perimeter College’s nursing or dental hygiene programs, you must first be accepted to Perimeter College and be enrolled in classes. Meet with your advisor to express your interest in the program and to be sure you register for the correct prerequisites in your first semester.