The Dual Enrollment Program gives high school juniors and seniors the chance to enroll part time or full time to earn high school and college credit concurrently. Participation is permitted during the normal fall, spring and summer semesters of the college school year.
One program, two options. At Georgia State, you can join the Dual Enrollment Program through Perimeter College or our (Downtown) Atlanta Campus. Dual enrollment students at Perimeter College can take courses at any of our five Perimeter campuses or online. 1000- and 2000-level courses only are available through Perimeter. Dual enrollment students at our Atlanta Campus attend classes on the Atlanta Campus only and have a few options for 3000- and 4000-level courses. View the Atlanta Campus’ dual enrollment admissions requirements.
To be eligible for the Dual Enrollment Program, a student must:
- Be entering grades 11 or 12.
- Be on track to graduate.
- Meet lawful presence requirements.
- Obtain approval from a high school counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s).
- Remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 or higher college grade point average to remain eligible for the program.
- Submit a completed Immunization Form to Georgia State Health Services.
Admissions Process and Requirements
Students must meet all three requirements for admission. Students who fail to meet one or more of the requirements will not be admissible for participation in the program:
|High School GPA||3.0|
|Test Scores||Not required for 2021 Dual Enrollment admission|
|Age/Grade Level||Successful completion of the 10th grade is required|
|English Learning Support Exemption||Successful Completion of 2 RHSC English units; OR,
237 Accuplacer Reading Comprehension AND 4 Accuplacer WritePlacer
|Math Learning Support Exemption||Successful Completion of 2 units of Math including Algebra II or equivalent; OR,
258 Accuplacer Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics
Visit the Counseling and Testing Center for information about signing up for the ACCUPLACER exam, if needed.
Application Deadlines and Procedures
Applications and required documents must be submitted by the appropriate deadlines:
Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Semester: May 1
- Apply online.
- Submit test scores electronically:
- Submit official high school and college transcripts:
- Home-schooled students should contact the Dual Enrollment Office directly.
- Submit official college transcripts if you have taken college courses at another postsecondary institution prior to applying to Perimeter College.
- Check your application status for an admission decision.
Next Steps for Accepted Dual Enrollment Students
Note: It will take 24 hours from the time of acceptance before you can access student systems to complete these next steps:
- Get Your Perimeter College CampusID and Username. Your CampusID will be your primary identification as a Georgia State Panther. Make sure you activate it as soon as possible by visiting the CampusID webpage.
- Set Up Your Password and Campus Email. Create a password that will link to all of your most important student information. Go to your CampusID webpage to begin. Then, log in to your PantherMail. Check this account frequently. It’s where you’ll get your most important information about registration and enrollment.
- Submit Immunizations. Go to health.gsu.edu/perimeter-campuses/ to learn how to submit your immunization records to our Student Health Center. Avoid registration delays by submitting your records as soon as possible. Immunization documents may be faxed to 678-891-3036.
- Get Familiar with Panther Access to Web Services (PAWS). PAWS is the Georgia State student information portal that houses everything you need as an admitted student. In PAWS, you can see your class schedule, register for classes, view your student account balance, request transcripts and more. Log in to your PAWS account and get familiar with everything it has to offer.
All students must submit the new online Funding Application located on www.gafutures.org. Your parent/guardian must electronically complete the Parent Participation Agreement section of your application.
- Dual Enrollment Orientation. You must remember to continually check your email for your invitation to Dual Enrollment Orientation. This orientation is where you will be registered for your first semester courses.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must complete a reactivation application and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by December 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by May 1
Deadlines are subject to change.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Admissions office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
Both academic and disciplinary standing are factors taken into consideration for applicants being reviewed for admission. For the purposes of admission, good disciplinary and academic standing means that the applicant has no pending disciplinary charges, outstanding disciplinary sanctions or disciplinary or academic issues that would prevent the applicant from re-enrolling at a previously attended high school, college or university. For additional information, please see the General Admission Policy in the Georgia State Undergraduate Catalog.
For admission into Perimeter College’s nursing or dental hygiene programs, you must first be accepted to Perimeter College and be enrolled in classes. Meet with your advisor to express your interest in the program and to be sure you register for the correct prerequisites in your first semester.