- An applicant who completed high school graduation requirements under a homeschool program or graduated from a non-accredited high school.
- An applicant whose SAT and/or ACT scores exempt placement testing, or whose COMPASS placement scores allows for admission.
- An applicant also has completed the equivalent of each of the Required High School Curriculum areas as documented by a portfolio of work and/or other evidence that substantiates Required High School Curriculum completion.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
- Perimeter College Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Perimeter College’s application is available online at apply.gpc.edu.
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Official high school transcript
- This requirement applies to homeschool students in non-regionally accredited home school programs who have ever enrolled in an accredited high school, as well as applicants graduating from regionally accredited home school programs.
- The transcript will chiefly be used to help determine Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) completions for applicants completing non-regionally accredited home school programs.
- For transcripts issued from regionally accredited home school programs, the grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or is required. The GPA will be re-calculated by GPC and based upon USG approved RHSC coursework.
- High school transcript must be noted as official, and arrive in a sealed envelope from the high school or regionally accredited home school program.
- GED applicants are required to submit official GED passing scores and high school transcript.
- SAT or ACT score requirements. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. GPC requires 5 – 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
- Current SAT score requirements: SAT I Verbal 430, math 400.
- Current ACT score requirements: ACT English 17, math 17.
- If SAT/ACT scores are below GPC academic placement minimum scores the applicant must provide valid COMPASS placement test scores before he/she may be considered for admission. Standard placement requirements apply as they would with new freshmen.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP and IB websites.
- Home School Portfolio. This requirement applies to homeschool students completing non-regionally accredited homeschool programs.
- Homeschool applicants must submit a Home School Portfolio Summary form along with supporting documentation. The summary form and documentation must substantiate completion of all Required High School Curriculum units. Failure to submit adequate supporting documentation will delay the processing of the application.
- Official transcripts from any regionally accredited homeschool program or conventional public or private high schools attended should be submitted if applicable.
- Letter of completion. A letter from the primary teacher or program administrator certifying completion of high school and date of high school graduation.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by July 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by November 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 678-891-3211.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow five to seven business days for each document to be scanned and evaluated before it can be posted to an applicant’s record.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.