Home School Student
- An applicant who completed high school graduation requirements under a homeschool program or graduated from a non-accredited high school.
- An applicant whose SAT and/or ACT scores exempt placement testing, or whose COMPASS placement scores allows for admission.
- An applicant also has completed the equivalent of each of the Required High School Curriculum areas as documented by a portfolio of work and/or other evidence that substantiates Required High School Curriculum completion.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
Admissions Process and Requirements
- Perimeter College students taking Online Only courses may receive an exemption from immunization requirements by completing Perimeter College’s Certificate of Immunization form and checking the appropriate exemption box.
- Immunization requirements remain in force for students taking a combination of online and on-campus courses. A student will be unable to enroll for a campus course until immunization requirements are satisfied. Perimeter College recommends all students satisfy immunization requirements in case on-campus and online courses are necessary to complete an academic program degree.
Remote testing is available for applicants seeking admission or students taking online courses.
Tuition & Fees
The tuition rate is currently $135 per credit hour. The online course rate is the same whether students live inside or outside the state of Georgia. This rate does not include institutional and technology fees or books. Review a schedule of tuition and fees and financial aid information.
Assistance of Online Students
Online students receive academic and student services support to help them meet their degree-completion goals.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Testing
Credit by examination is a process by which a student who believes he or she is proficient in an academic subject may take a CLEP test to earn credit. Visit the CLEP website for more information on cost, required scores and list of academic courses.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must complete a reactivation application and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by December 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by May 1
Late applications and/or documents are accepted, but Perimeter College may be unable to make an admission decision in time for the student to start classes on the first day. The earlier an applicant completes the application and submits all required documents, the greater the chance of starting classes on the first day.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Admissions office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 4009
Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
Both academic and disciplinary standing are factors taken into consideration for applicants being reviewed for admission. For the purposes of admission, good disciplinary and academic standing means that the applicant has no pending disciplinary charges, outstanding disciplinary sanctions or disciplinary or academic issues that would prevent the applicant from re-enrolling at a previously attended high school, college or university. For additional information, please see the General Admission Policy in the Georgia State Undergraduate Catalog.
For admission into Perimeter College’s nursing or dental hygiene programs, you must first be accepted to Perimeter College and be enrolled in classes. Meet with your advisor to express your interest in the program and to be sure you register for the correct prerequisites in your first semester.