Perimeter College is the major provider of associate degrees and student transfer opportunities in Georgia and a gateway to higher education, easing students’ entry into college-level study. Perimeter’s faculty, staff and leadership are committed to providing students who want to earn a college degree the chance to do so.
The college offers more than 30 guided pathways leading to associate of arts and associate of science degrees, including career pathways in Dental Hygiene, Nursing and Radiologic Technology.
The college has five locations in metro Atlanta and the largest online program within the University System of Georgia.
- Perimeter College serves a diverse student population of more than 18,500. Students come to the college directly from high school or later, seeking to achieve a long-held dream of a college degree.
- Almost 5,200, or 28 percent, of Perimeter’s students are the first in their families to attend college.
- About 2,450 students are international, representing 137 countries.
- Military Student Advocates and Military Outreach Centers on each campus assist our more than 750 military-connected students with essential resources and support.
- More than half—58 percent—of Perimeter’s students attend school part time, many while also working and/or supporting families.
- Freshman: 7,691
- Sophomore: 10,851
- Dual Enrollment:1,390
- Transient: 72
- Other: 341
- Senior Citizen: 109
- Non-U.S. Citizens (Intl. Students): 2,450
- Average Age: 24
- Percentage Full-Time: 40%
- Percentage Part-Time: 60%
Perimeter College Enrollment by Campus (Fall 2019)
- Alpharetta: 2,056
- Clarkston: 4,849
- Decatur: 2,674
- Dunwoody: 5,446
- Newton/Rockdale: 1,260
- Distance Learning (Online): 8,386
- Unduplicated Total: 18,542
479 faculty members, 41 percent of all Perimeter College full-time faculty members, have doctoral degrees. Of Perimeter College’s instructional full-time faculty – those teaching in fall semester of 2019 – 433 faculty members, or 42 percent, have doctoral degrees.