The Clarkston Campus is one of the most culturally diverse in the University System of Georgia, with students from more than 150 countries. The campus originally opened as DeKalb College in 1964 and quickly established itself as a community gem. Today, Clarkston is home to the DeKalb Symphony Orchestra and The Chattahoochee Review, a nationally recognized literary magazine. The campus also is noted for its top-tier academic offerings in nursing, fine arts and sign language interpreting, in addition to strong engineering, science and math programs from which students transfer to some of the nation’s most competitive universities. Clarkston Campus also serves as a cultural hub for the community around it, offering art exhibits, concerts, theatrical productions and other programs open to the public.
Georgia State University’s Perimeter College at the Clarkston Campus serves the dual enrollment, international, online, transfer, and associate degree .
We offer a strong Honors program. Many home-schooled and transient students choose Perimeter College also.
Each campus contains free designated parking areas for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Permits are required and regulations apply. University police enforce parking regulations. Parking for visitors to the campus may be reserved by filling out a visitor request form at least 24 hours prior to the visitors’ arrival. Visitors who have not reserved spaces in advance should report to the university police office on the campus they are visiting to obtain a visitor parking permit.
The Clarkston Campus is located approximately 10 miles east of Atlanta, just north of Ga. 10/Memorial Drive.
- Take I-285 to Exit 41 (GA-10/Memorial Drive).
- Turn onto GA-10/Memorial Drive and travel east toward Stone Mountain.
- Proceed on GA-10/Memorial Drive for approximately 0.5 miles.
- Turn left onto N. Indian Creek Drive. (Collingswood Drive is to your right.)
- Continue on N. Indian Creek Drive for approximately 0.5 miles.
- Clarkston Campus, at 555 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021 (678-891-3200) is on your right.
- Building CI and Office of Public Safety are on your left.