Louisiana State University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA. PhD, 2006
Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA. MS, 1986
Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA. BS, 1977
- Committees and Organizations
Chemistry Curriculum Committee
Principles of Chemistry Sub-Committee
Organic Chemistry Sub-Committee
Two Year College Chemistry Consortium (2YC3) – ACS Affiliate
Committee on Computers in Chemical Education – CCCE (DivCHED)
Two Year College Association – Georgia
JCE Chemical Education Xchange
1. A cofacial binuclear copper(II) complex with bridging 1,4-dithiane, Cu2(NBA)2μ-C4H8S2, Acta Cryst. (2007), E63, m1977-m1978. S. Burton, F. R. Fronczek and A. W. Maverick.
2. 3,5-Diacetyl-2,6-heptanedione, Acta Cryst. (2007), E63, o3108. S. Burton, F. R. Fronczek and A. W. Maverick.
3. 1,1′,1”-[(5RS,6RS)-6-Hydroxy-6-methyl-3,4,5,6-tetrahydro-2H-pyran-3,3,5-triyl]triethanone, Acta Cryst. (2007), E63, o2661-o2662. S. Burton, F. R. Fronczek and A. W. Maverick.
4. Synthesis, Characterization and Properties of Copper(II) Beta-Diketonate Macrocycles, (Dissertation – May 2006).
5. The Synthesis and Characterization of Copper(II), Nickel(II), and Cobalt(II) Halide Complexes of Dithiacyclophanes, (Thesis – Dec. 1986).
1. Sissay, A., Burton, S. Southern University & A&M College. Preparation and Characterization of Select Metal Complexes of the Ligand Heptane-3,5-dione and its Bridged Derivatives. 69th Joint Annual Meeting of the NIS/BKX, March 21-25, 2012.
2. Carson, L., Burton, S. SUBR and Maverick, A.W. LSU-BR. The Preparation and Characterization of 2,5-diacetyl-2,6-heptanedione. Abstracts of Posters, 81st Annual Meeting of the Louisiana Academy of Sciences (LAS), Baton Rouge, LA, United States, March 16, 2007 (2007), Chemistry
3. Burton, Sylvester; Sparrow, Christopher R.; Maverick, Andrew W. New nanoscale polynuclear cyclic and bicyclic molecules for host-guest chemistry. Abstracts of Papers, 225th ACS National Meeting, New Orleans, LA, United States, March 23-27, 2003 (2003), INOR-611. CODEN: 69DSA4 AN 2003:183654 CAPLUS