Next Steps for Accepted Students
Note: It will take 24 hours from the time of acceptance before you can access student systems to complete these next steps.
- Get Your CampusID. Your campusID will be your primary identification as a Georgia State Panther. Make sure you activate it as soon as possible by visiting campusid.gsu.edu. Select Activate Your CampusID to get started. Your Panther ID is the nine-digit number located on your acceptance letter. It will take about 24 hours before you can use your new campusID to access the student systems.
- Set Up Your Campus Email. Log in to your campus email. Check this account frequently. It’s where you’ll get your most important information about registration and enrollment.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Don’t waste any time filling out the FAFSA. Use the school code 001574 when you submit your information. The sooner you fill this out, the sooner your financial aid package can be determined and distributed.
- Verify Lawful Presence. You must provide verification of lawful presence in the United States to receive in-state tuition.
- Submit Immunizations. Go to health.gsu.edu to learn how to submit your immunization records to our Student Health Center. Avoid registration delays by submitting your records as soon as possible.
- Get Familiar with Panther Access to Web Services (PAWS). PAWS is the Georgia State student information portal that houses everything you need as an admitted student. Here you can see your class schedule, register for classes, view your student account balance and more. Log in to your PAWS account and get familiar with everything it has to offer.
- Submit Your Intent to Enroll. This form informs Admissions of your decision to attend Perimeter College for a specified term and helps us prepare for your upcoming registration and enrollment.
- Review Your Financial Aid Package. Review your financial aid package in PAWS under the Financial Aid tab. Accept and deny aid as needed. Check remaining balance due and pay your bill by the deadline.
- Attend On-Campus Orientation. Learn more about your new campus by attending orientation in person. Here, you can take a tour and talk with Perimeter College faculty and staff about your upcoming semester. Transient students, online only students, post-baccalaureate students, re-entry students, and transfer students with more than 30 hours do not have to attend on-campus orientation. Move On When Ready students should not complete this orientation.
- Complete Online Orientation. Online only, transient, postbaccalaureate, re-entry and transfer students with more than 30 hours are required to complete the online New Student Orientation module. Move On When Ready students should not complete this online orientation module.