- An applicant born and educated in the United States.
- An applicant who has graduated from an accredited high school, enrolled previously in an accredited college or university and earned 30 or more semester hours of transferable college credit.
- An applicant with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable credit who meets freshman requirements.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
- Perimeter College Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Perimeter College’s application is available online at GAFutures.
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
- Applicants with fewer than 30 hours of transferable college credit must meet freshman requirements.
- Official transcripts from each college, university or technical school attended must be submitted.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
- Official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation and diploma type listed
- An official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript is required for transfer applicants who have fewer than 30 hours of transferable credit Perimeter College can accept from SACS or regionally accredited institution(s).
- High school transcripts will be evaluated for Required High School Curriculum completions regardless of the type of diploma received (for students age 23 or less).
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- General Educational Development (GED) applicants are required to submit official GED passing scores and SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript.
- Placement Testing Requirement
- Applies to transfer applicants who do not have transferable English composition and/or college algebra credit Perimeter College can accept.
- Minimum Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) placement test scores and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), SAT or ACT test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. Perimeter College requires 5 – 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
- The COMPASS test requires a $20 fee. Perimeter College has a testing center at each campus.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP and IB websites.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by November 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 678-891-3211.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.