- Applicants who are 62 years of age or older with prior college/university attendance may enroll as
a degree-seeking student and meet general admission requirements.
- If you are aged 62 or over and would like to resume, continue or begin a college education, you are considered a GSU-62 applicant. This program is designated to allow eligible applicants to register for college-level courses for credit or audit on a space-available basis.
Admission Requirements for the GSU-62 Program
Step-By-Step Regular Application Process
- Submit the Georgia State University Undergraduate Admission Application available online at GAFutures. Because the online application can only be successfully submitted with the fee payment, those applicants who qualify for the GSU-62 program need to enter a waiver code that can be obtained by emailing GSU62@gsu.edu. All appropriate paper fee waiver documentation must be submitted to the Office of Admissions at Georgia State University within two weeks of application submission.
- Submit a copy of birth certificate or current passport.
- Submit official college or university transcripts, if applicable.
If applicant has fewer than 30 transferable college-level credits, please submit official high school transcripts. You can use our transcript request form to request transcripts from your previous schools.
Note: An applicant who has received a bachelor’s degree and wishes to take undergraduate courses without being admitted to a degree-seeking program must complete the following application steps.
Step-By-Step Non-Degree Seeking Application for Postbaccalaurate Admission
- Submit the Georgia State University Non-Degree Seeking Application for Postbaccalaureate Admission
- Copy of birth certificate or current passport
- Official college or university transcript showing conferred bachelor’s degree
Minimum Requirements for the GSU-62 Program
The following minimum requirements must be met in order for an applicant to receive a GSU-62 waiver:
- Must apply and submit all required documentation by the deadline, meet ALL admissions requirements for selected program of study, and be accepted
- Must be 62 of age or older at the time of registration (submit birth certificate or current passport for verification of age)
- Must be classified as a Georgia resident in accordance with the Regent’s Requirements for residential status
|Fall: July 1||Fall: June 1||Fall: July 1|
|Spring: December 1||Spring: December 1||Spring: December 1|
|Summer: April 1||Summer: April 1||Summer: April 1|
- For GSU-62 students to receive a waiver for tuition and fees, applicants are required to register during late registration on a space-available basis.
- Check the online registration calendar in PAWS for the semester in which you will be registering to determine the first date of late registration.
- Any classes registered for during “regular registration periods” will not be covered by the waiver and it will be the applicant’s responsibility to pay tuition/fees.
- No tuition or fees will be assessed for classes registered for during late registration, except for supplies or laboratory fees.
- The applicant will be responsible for all student fees associated with obtaining a Georgia State University identification card (Panther Card).
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by November 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 678-891-3211.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for each document to be scanned and evaluated before it can be posted to an applicant’s record.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.