- Applicants who are 62 years of age or older with prior college/university attendance may enroll as
a degree-seeking student and meet general admission requirements.
- Applicants who are 62 years of age or older without collegiate attendance may enroll in Perimeter College’s
Try College program, where they may register for up to 12 hours of credit from a list of courses available to the program.
- Applicants who are 62 years of age or older and residents of Georgia for at least one year may also be eligible for the “Prime Timer Tuition Exemption” program.
Admission Requirements for Perimeter College’s “Try College” Program
These requirements apply only to senior citizens who do not have prior college/university attendance, and those students admitted under this program may register for a maximum of 12 hours from a list of available courses. Senior citizens with college/university attendance may return to the Admissions homepage and apply as a degree-seeking student (non-traditional freshman, transfer or special/degreed).
- Perimeter College Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Perimeter College’s application is available online at apply.gpc.edu.
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three (3) consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Prime Timer/Senior Citizens “Try College” Programs Request
- Senior Citizen students will need to complete the Prime Timer/Senior Citizens “Try College” Programs Request form and fax it to 678-891-3211.
- Minimum test scores on the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) test(s) and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP),SAT or ACT test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. GPC requires 5 – 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
- Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
Additional Admission Requirements
After completion of 12 semester hours, senior students may continue to receive a waiver of tuition and fees, BUT they must meet all additional admission requirements:
- Official high school transcript with graduation date and diploma type listed
- The transcript needs to indicate type of diploma received (college preparatory or technical/career).
- Certificates of performance or special education diplomas are not acceptable.
- Applicants who received a General Education Development (GED) diploma need to submit official passing GED scores and high school transcripts.
- Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- Transcripts from each college, university or technical school attended must be submitted.
- Applicants who previously attended a college or university and have less than30 semester hours of transferable college credit will need to submit high school transcripts or GED scores.
- Placement testing requirement or exemption
- Applies to applicants who do not have transferrable English composition and/or college algebra credit that Perimeter College can accept from college transcript(s).
- Test scores from the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) placement exam and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), SAT or ACT official test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. GPC requires 5 – 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP and IB websites.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by July 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by November 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 678-891-3211.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for each document to be scanned and evaluated before it can be posted to an applicant’s record.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.