- Students who are currently living outside the U.S. and who will require an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
- Students who have been educated outside of the U.S.
- Students who are currently in the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa (B-1, H-1, J-1, etc.)
- Students who are in the process of applying for Permanent Residency status, but have not yet received the Permanent Residency card.
For admission to a degree pathway at Perimeter College, the following items are required:
- Perimeter College Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Perimeter College’s application is available online at GAFutures.
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three consecutive terms, including the term of application.
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Please do not submit your only original copy – bring it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and we will make a copy from the original.
- General Educational Development (GED) applicants are required to submit official GED exam passing scores and SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript.
- Official transcript evaluation (if appropriate). Georgia State University requires that all international academic documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, leaving examination results, etc.) be formally evaluated by either the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or an independent evaluation service.
- Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended (if appropriate)
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
- Applicants with fewer than 30 hours of transferable college credit must meet freshman requirements.
- Official transcripts from each college, university or technical school attended must be submitted.
- Minimum test scores on one of the following tests:
- Official SAT or ACT test scores
- Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) test(s), offered at the testing center on each Perimeter College campus. The COMPASS test requires a $20 fee.
- Official Advanced Placement (AP), or International Baccalaureate (IB), or College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- Visit College Testing Services for the testing requirements for admissions.
- For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency must be met by one of the following minimum scores*:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 523 (paper-based) or 69 (internet-based)
- International Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) score of 53
- SAT Critical Reading score of 430 or ACT English score of 17
- Completion of a college-level English composition course with a grade of “C-“ or better at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
*Overseas students who fail to meet the above English language requirement but meet one of the following will be admitted with required ESL Compass placement testing after arrival on campus.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 460 (paper-based) or 48 (internet-based testing)
- Official IELTS score of 4.5
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 330
- Minimum ACT English score of 12
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
- Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification or out-of-state tuition waivers.
- Students on any type of visa will be asked by International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) to upload immigration information into iStart for this purpose AFTER admission and prior to enrollment.
- Check Your Admission Status! Check your admissions status in our online system anytime. Using your Panther ID number, you can track your progress and ensure you meet deadlines.
Contact International Admissions
Office of Admissions
555 N. Indian Creek Dr.
Clarkston, GA 30021
Office of Admissions
2101 Womack Rd.
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Phone: 404.413.2500 (press ‘3’ for Perimeter College admissions)