- An applicant born and educated in the United States.
- An applicant who graduated or would have graduated from high school five or more years ago. This includes students who earned a GED diploma.
- A beginning freshman or a student who has previous college or university attendance, but fewer than 30 credit hours that Perimeter College can accept.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
- Perimeter College Application for Admission, available online at GAFutures, accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Official regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation
- Official Transcript with date of graduation from a regionally accredited high school.
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- General Educational Development (GED) applicants are required to submit official GED exam passing scores or regionally accredited high school transcript.
- Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- This applies only to applicants with fewer than 30 transferable credit hours.
- Speak to the registrar at your former institution(s) to send transcripts to Perimeter College.
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the last institution they attended.
- Minimum test scores on the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) test(s) and/or SAT or ACT test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores.
- The COMPASS test requires a $20 fee. Perimeter College has a testing center at each campus.
- Visit College Testing Services for the testing requirements for admissions.
- SAT and ACT scores submitted must be official scores.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT and ACT websites.
- Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification. Georgia State University admits all academically qualified undergraduate students, regardless of immigration status.
- Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
- Document Upload System. Applicants may upload most documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores or birth certificates.
- Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
- Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by December 1
- Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 404-413-2002.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for a final review of your record once your file becomes complete.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.