Move On When Ready (Dual Enrollment)
Move On When Ready provides the opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to enroll part-time or full-time to earn both high school and college credits. Participation is permitted during the normal fall, spring and summer semesters of the college school year.
To be eligible for the Move On When Ready program, a student must:
- Be entering 11th or 12th grade
- Be on track to graduate
- Meet lawful presence requirements
- Obtain approval of the high school counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
- Remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher to remain eligible for the program
- Submit a completed Immunization form to Georgia State Health Services.
Students must meet all three requirements for admission. Students not meeting one or more of the requirements will not be admissible for participation in the program.
- GPA Requirement: 3.0 as calculated by the university
- High School Transcript
- Must be official
- Test scores:
Students may take either the ACT or SAT.
Old SAT scores were taken prior to March 2016.
The following minimum scores are required:
- ACT Requirement: 20 English and 21 Math
- Old SAT Requirement: 480 Verbal (Critical Reading) and 500 Math
- New SAT Requirement: 26.5 Reading Section and 530 Math
Application Deadlines and Procedure
Application and required documents must be submitted by the appropriate deadline.
Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Semester: April 1
- Apply online at gafutures.org
- Submit test scores electronically
- Submit official high school and college transcripts
- Home school students should contact the Move On When Ready office directly
- Submit official college transcripts if you have taken college courses at another post-secondary institution prior to applying to Georgia State University Perimeter College.
- Check your application status for admission decision
MOWR Program Contacts
|Newton||M. Amanda Boone